Paper Cup Collections
Millions of paper cups are thrown away across the UK each day, ending up in landfill or being incinerated. Forge Recycling's Paper Cup Collection Service is tackling this problem in Yorkshire, one cup at a time.
We collect paper cups from sites across: Bradford, Castleford, Doncaster, Harrogate, Ilkley, Halifax, Huddersfield, Keighley, Leeds, Selby, Tadcaster, Wakefield, York & everywhere else in-between.
Which cups can Forge recycle?
You’ll be surprised at the range of paper cups we can recycle — all sizes and shapes are welcome. Historically, paper cups have been difficult to recycle due to how they are manufactured. There is still the misconception that the plastic lining inside each cup (which makes it waterproof) means they are impossible to recycle. However, we are making this possible by working with processors who can separate the thin plastic coating inside each cup from the paper itself, allowing both parts to be recycled.
- Paper tea, coffee and hot chocolate cups
- Paper cold drink cups
The benefits of paper cup recycling
The benefits of recycling paper cups and diverting them from landfill are huge for your business and the environment. These benefits include:
- You can save money on your general waste collections
- Recycled cups create a high quality paper fibre which can then be transformed into all manner of paper products, from paper shopping bags and packaging, to writing paper.
- Recycling one tonne of paper saves 17 trees and also a lot of space in landfill
- Recycling paper helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that can contribute to climate change
- Recycling paper uses 70% less energy and water than creating virgin paper
How we collect your paper cups
It's so simple! We supply you with a pink 'cup collection bag', which you fill with empty paper cups. When the bag is full we collect it from your premises on a scheduled collection service. These bags are for paper cups only — no lids, sleeves, liquids, or other general waste.
Did you know?
7 million coffees are sold in paper cups in the UK every single day! While some people take a reusable cup with them to their local coffee shop, most of us don't — and most of the paper cups sold don't end up being recycled. So, why not start making a difference in your cafe, coffee shop or restaurant?
Do you want to save your business money on your waste collections? Would you like to send less waste to landfill.
Get in touch with Forge Waste & Recycling today and find out more about our cup recycling service.