Crossgates Shopping Centre
Forge Waste & Recycling are delighted to provide a bespoke waste management service to Crossgates Shopping Centre in Leeds, which houses over 60 shops, cafes and restaurants.
Due to the nature of this business, the centre contains many individual retail outlets, which create a large variety of waste between them.
Crossgates Shopping Centre previously used a nationwide waste company, who provided:
• Multiple general waste bins in car parks
• Multiple mixed recycling bins in car parks
This setup meant that there were more than ten bins in each car park, taking up precious space.
Forge worked with the Centre’s management team to agree on the following setup instead:
• Larger FEL containers for general waste: three FELs collected multiple times weekly to reduce the number of containers / space taken on site.
• Separate dedicated collections of compacted cardboard and baled plastic, providing significant savings for the centre. Material separated into a single stream also increases recovery rates close to 100%.
• A hands-on service! We have provided the centre with a designated account manager; initially involved with design and implementation (meeting / working with the retail tenants) and now managing the ongoing service.
Forge Recycling’s Commercial Manager said:
“The management team at Crossgates Shopping Centre have shown a willingness to explore different service options to achieve their clear commitment to recycle as much as possible, their efforts providing a positive environmental and economic return.”